Upgrading to a Class 4 Impact-Resistant Roof System has many benefits, including:
- May reduce premiums on your Homeowner’s Insurance policy
- May reduce the frequency of roof system replacement, especially in high risk hail areas that see frequent hail storms (saving deductibles and the hassle associated with roof replacement)
- Gives your home a distinguishable advantage in a competitive real estate market (increases the resale marketability of your home)
- Architecturally appealing to the look of your home
- Can help stabilize future insurance costs which have increased substantially over the past few years
- May decrease risk of water damage (water less likely to penetrate)
- Environmentally friendly with a reduction in the frequency of tear-offs and reduced landfill waste
A study by the Insurance for Business & Home Safety found:
- 44 percent of all non-impact resistant, single-family roofs investigated needed repair or replacement after being struck by hailstones with diameters of 1-2 inches.
- Requiring impact-resistant roofing materials in vulnerable areas would result in a 50 percent reduction in hail-related property losses.